Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A little mid-week Boxing



I headed out to the park today for a little boxing before it got too dark. I replanted "Water at My Feet" while enjoying a nice stroll as the birds softly welcomed the twilight. The mystery box is in great shape, as is Paula's box there. The walk rewarded me with the view above-- an incredibly beautiful, fleeting pink sunset that turned the sky colors and made me catch my breath. It lasted all of two minutes....but what a two minutes! If only my friend Susan could have been there to share it with me, everything would have been perfect. She loves visiting the park too and would have had something inspiring and profound to say at being given such a heavenly gift. Thanks Paula, for the wonderful reason to go see our State Parks.

A humorous side story too... To get one box I had to go into a clump of trees and kudzu vines. I worked my way out and started the walk back to the van, but kept hearing 'something' behind me. I must have stopped five or six times and turned around, but could NOT figure out what it was! I kept hearing this whispering, weird sound just loud enough to make me stop and look. I got back to the van, opened the door to swing my boxing bag in, and saw it....a long, dead, kudzu vine dragging way behind me! I don't even want to imagine what the Rangers must have thought if they saw me from the office.

Boxing-- good for losing weight, incredible moments, and even a little humor too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home