Newbies, part 1: What's in the bag?
Thinking about trying the hobby? I started going after boxes in the beginning with the bare essentials:
* 1 purchased stamp
* 1 green ink pad
* 1 little memo book
* 1 blue Bic pen
* and 1 sheet of clues with vague hopes of being able to figure it out. I didn, and had a great time!
Over time you buy a bag, then start adding things to make life more comfortable when you're far from the car. Here's what I take with me now:
* signature stamp, always wrapped in a paper towel (very helpful for keeping everything in your bag clean)
* inkpad that matches my sig stamp
* 'finds' logbook (I keep several; one for finds, another for my plants, a third for postals, and a different kind for events and exchanges)
* personal traveler in it's little box
* a cloth pencil bag with two different packages of markers (these work MUCH MUCH better than multiple inkpads!!!)
* several good pens
* a ziploc bag with other bags and napkins (used for messy stamp cleanups and emergency maintenance if you find a wet box that needs help)
* camera (taking photographs while I'm boxing is a huge part of the hobby for me)
* compass (thanks Sister, for one of my favorite Christmas presents!)
* preprinted clues and maps
* 'halfsize' atlas (thanks Zoemomma, it's great!!)
* handwipes (added this weekend after a run-in with a wet, REALLY rotten log)
During the summer I add:
* bug spray (TICKS! bleeeeeeeech)
* sunscreen
* a tiny foldup ponch to use as cover if it rains
When going to events I add:
* my events/exchanges logbook
* a plastic box with the rest of my inkpads and pens
* my second Traveler box
* lots more film, batteries, etc
* clues list for Travelers I hope to get
To make sure my husband doesn't worry about me when boxing alone I add to the secure zipper pocket:
* a little emergency money
* my cell phone
* a tiny firstaid kit
* an extra vehicle key
* a card with emergency contact info
And yes, that all fits into a backpack or over the shoulder bag. :-) Next time, my favorite hints!
* 1 purchased stamp
* 1 green ink pad
* 1 little memo book
* 1 blue Bic pen
* and 1 sheet of clues with vague hopes of being able to figure it out. I didn, and had a great time!
Over time you buy a bag, then start adding things to make life more comfortable when you're far from the car. Here's what I take with me now:
* signature stamp, always wrapped in a paper towel (very helpful for keeping everything in your bag clean)
* inkpad that matches my sig stamp
* 'finds' logbook (I keep several; one for finds, another for my plants, a third for postals, and a different kind for events and exchanges)
* personal traveler in it's little box
* a cloth pencil bag with two different packages of markers (these work MUCH MUCH better than multiple inkpads!!!)
* several good pens
* a ziploc bag with other bags and napkins (used for messy stamp cleanups and emergency maintenance if you find a wet box that needs help)
* camera (taking photographs while I'm boxing is a huge part of the hobby for me)
* compass (thanks Sister, for one of my favorite Christmas presents!)
* preprinted clues and maps
* 'halfsize' atlas (thanks Zoemomma, it's great!!)
* handwipes (added this weekend after a run-in with a wet, REALLY rotten log)
During the summer I add:
* bug spray (TICKS! bleeeeeeeech)
* sunscreen
* a tiny foldup ponch to use as cover if it rains
When going to events I add:
* my events/exchanges logbook
* a plastic box with the rest of my inkpads and pens
* my second Traveler box
* lots more film, batteries, etc
* clues list for Travelers I hope to get
To make sure my husband doesn't worry about me when boxing alone I add to the secure zipper pocket:
* a little emergency money
* my cell phone
* a tiny firstaid kit
* an extra vehicle key
* a card with emergency contact info
And yes, that all fits into a backpack or over the shoulder bag. :-) Next time, my favorite hints!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home