Monday, February 20, 2006

My Passport to Magic

Do you know about the SC Park Passport program? For $50 annually, the Passport allows the owner unlimited access for * everyone in their vehicle * to any SC state park facility! At the standard rate of $2 a person to enter each park, it doesn't take long to get full advantage of the Passport. You can read the details here:

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/stateparks/annualpasses.asp

My loving family heard from Santa that was all I wanted for Christmas and gave me the pass! I am absolutely determined to make full use of it with the goal of reaching every state park at least once and a minimum of 30 ("more than twice a month") visits before 12/06. I thought it might be fun to document where I've been this year in my goal of getting back into shape, so will come back to this post to edit it every time I use the pass. This might help my family see how much I appreciate their thoughtful gift too. :-)

It's my passport to magic! There is such a feeling of belonging that comes from that little plastic tag. This is MY park, just like it's yours, and like it belongs to every citizen. I know Indiana has a similiar program and assume most states do as well.

1- Huntington Beach State Park, Murrell's Inlet SC, 12/28/05
2- Myrtle Beach State Park, Myrtle Beach SC, 12/30/05
3- Musgrove Mill State Historical Site, Clinton SC, 1/7/06
4- Lake Greenwood State Recreational Area, Ninety Six SC, 1/25/06
5- Musgrove Mill SHS, Clinton SC, 2/16/06
6- Paris Mountain State Park, Greenville SC, 2/18/06
7- Lake Greenwood SRA, Ninety Six SC, 2/27/06
8- Lake Greenwood SRA, Ninety Six SC, 2/27/06
9- Lake Greenwood SRA, Ninety Six, SC 3/5/06
10- Paris Mountain SP, Greenville, SC 3/11/06
11- Lake Greenwood SRA, Ninety Six, SC 3/15/06
12- Lake Greenwood SRA, Ninety Six, SC 3/18/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home