Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This is a glorious time of year at home in northern Indiana. I always miss being there now.....the leaves are turning, the smell in the air coming off Lake Michigan takes on a slightly different scent, the temperature turns to JUST that perfect mix of cool but not TOO cool. It's just simply glorious.

I have a box planted near my childhood home where my mother and stepfather live. It hadn't had any hits yet, as far as I knew, so Mom decided to introduce my niece Anna to her first letterboxing adventure. Mom knew that I would miss the experience terribly, so she took pictures for me. What a marvelous chance to show Anna something new...and something of ME too!


Jim had her all ready for finding the treasure and you can tell she was so very excited to get her hands in there!

It's like the line from "Pretty Woman" where he explains the effect of the first visit to the opera. The first moment when little Anna experienced the joy of that treasure! I may not have been there physically, but I was through my box and my carving, and the love I have for Mom, Daddy Jim, and the beautiful soul that is filling Anna with light and love. Hopefully a new boxer is born sharing the thrill Mom gave me too for the outdoors and all the wonders it can hold.













Her first inky fingers! Too cute. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Trailshome said...

What a fun day that was! And her face shows it too. Nice posting and way to share the fun. Mom

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home