Glorious autumn in the south

Oh my gosh, living in the south has some definate problems....chief of which for me is the AWFUL heat and humidity during the summer. I freely admit I just don't deal with that well.
But oh....goodness.....does autumn make up for it! When I was young I hated this time of year because in my (admittedly way too immature) mind, "everything dies in the fall". I've since learned alot, and passed through alot of autumns, and I'm fully convinced now there is simply no time of the year to box like early fall in the south! The leaves aren't even turning yet but the sky is that perfect crystal blue and the temperature just exactly perfect.
Zoe and I ran away searching for a little treasure last weekend and came back with some fun memories too. We start off with a couple on a nearby lake and dam that were just fabulous! (Sorry, you'll have to look that up yourself!) Just terrific stuff. Even the storm clouds coming over the horizon intensified the light more and made for some really dramatic pictures. It never did rain on us either-- always an iffy thing around here.

From there we went toward the next closest town in Georgia with me navigating and yeah, Zoe, I got us lost.
We also found an indoor box, missed two that just didn't seem to be alive after thorough searching, and were first finders on a marvelous carved stamp that made us want to go make a drink. In a good, citrusy kind of way that is. This photo is ZoeMomma, joyfully stamping in our favorite box of the day wearing her Purdue Vet School shirt because our most-special Peaser couldn't be with us. (waving to Peaser)
In a few weeks we'll be attending a letterboxing gathering held in Augusta that should be a relaxing, wonderful day for everyone. Susan will be joining us too and I hope she enjoys her first event as a boxing newbie. I even came up with a new theme for the desperately-needed recarve on my sig stamp! All in all, a great afternoon and a nice push to get me back into boxing after the long hot summer.
And yes, Beloved Sister, I made it before the deadline. You're up. (big wink)

3 Comments:
raspberries.
Your other blog is in serious need of updating!
We are due some snow on Thursday. is hell gonna freeze, too?
Wow!! Those are really some awesome pictures. I really wish I could have bene there and I hate I am going to miss that gathering. Oh well, it will give y'all some time to catch up to me. I am trying to convince Jim to take Brett down. The way he is sounding, it may not take too much convincing...you should email and doubly-invite him!
I miss you sister!
Boards the Friday before Thanksgiving.... **biting nails** Oh by the way, have you seen the moutains in Indiana lately?
Post a Comment
<< Home